Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mamma Mia

Whew...where to start?? It's been a pretty calm week...I was super tired and kind of sick yesterday, so I didn't go to work...which was ok because today it didn't seem like anyone really noticed. I found a place that has relatively cheap salad yesterday so I indulged in some nutrients which made such a huge difference (just in case we forgot- my diet consists of chicken(?) and rice...a lot like college). I also spent 3 HOURS at the seamstress yesterday because I had some skirts made, which is great, one is like a mermaid tail though, but I don't want to go back to have it altered, so you'll most likely just see me rocking it state-side...anyway, I was exhausted so I just came home and relaxed and slept.

Today was pretty good at work, we were asked our opinions on what could be done to improve the school/there is a new center opening in Tema (33km) from here in September, so it was so refreshing to share all the frustrations we have been experiencing in a positive way...they want us (the volunteers) to go see the new school site next weekend as well, which should be great. After work I took a nap (I know, super exciting) and then we all went out for pizza- at Mamma Mia, a kind of famous pizzeria, which was great because it's so nice to actually get to talk to everyone about life and what we all want and how we are experiencing the country together...

Also, I was offered a part time job (10 day workshop) in Tamale, which is the northern region, teaching acting for a small school with Theatre of the Oppressed, which is one of my favorite forms, so I may do that the last weeks I am here...figure I already made it to Ghana, another 7 hour bus ride isn't going to kill me (especially to take part in something I have researched on my own for years). 

Anyway...sorry I'm so boring today! (Remember, I'm boring in Africa though, so that counts for something)! Keep you all posted as things progress. 

<3 Nicole




When we refused to pay for entry to the rainforest (and wait for the 1000 other people to get in) and forged our own way...

Elmina Beach...magic...

Singing on top of a lighthouse on the 4th of July

Eric's house- Elmina

Cape Coast Beach


At school! This child is pure joy.

You know, playing on the beach in Africa...

No comments:

Post a Comment