Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Arrival


24 hours later…
I don’t even know where to begin…the adventure began almost immediately, after I landed in Atlanta- where it was raining- I discovered that our connection to NYC was delayed, which meant our flight to Accra would leave without us…I say us because there were 36 of us who were supposed to catch the Accra flight...I met a Ghanaian man named Osei who was in Atlanta burying his son- which was super sad, it was his first time traveling and I felt so badly that all the delay shenanegens were his first experience with the US on top of the loss of his son. So we paired up and this incredibly kind Delta ramp agent named Terry who was actually off the clock but took care of Osei and I literally until we got on the plane. Atlanta to NYC was pretty uneventful, and we had to book it to the next gate- B22- and we got on the plane, I slept for an hour, and when I woke up we were still parked on the runway…super long story there was something wrong with the plane and they had to deplane everyone. There was a mini little mob at the ticket counter because there weren’t enough hotel rooms or something? So basically we had to sleep on the floor in the airport, which I did not do because I spent the whole night on the phone with my dad and the program to make sure someone would be there to pick me up since the flights were delayed…so bottom line we obviously made it on the plane…I have a row to myself, which was great because I just passed out for most of the flight. It will be 10:30pm when I get there…I think there’s something really weird and sad about flying through the whole day…not that it’s wasted, but it’s just odd....an odd way to spend the whole time that the sun is out in a chair- kind of reconciled with the idea that this is how you spend the time….I have watched an intense amount of Girls…starting to get close…only an hour left…it’s actually happening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment